Accessible Tourism – It’s Everybody’s Business.
Yarra Ranges Tourism in partnership with Yarra Ranges Council and Tourism Victoria recently ran two seminars in Monbulk and Yarra Glen to inform and educate our industry on the benefits and ways your business can market to one of the largest and fastest growing visitor day trip and over night stays to our region.
Guest presenters included Bill Forester from Travability, Kiff Saunders from Global Ballooning and Paul Albone from Tourism Victoria.
Did you know…
• Accessible Tourism is one of Australia’s largest untapped markets
• Currently nearly 20% of people in Australia has a disability of some kind
• Accessible Tourism makes up 11% of the tourism market
• The disability sector is expected to make up 25% of the tourism market by 2020
• More than 40% of the Baby Boomer generation will retire with some kind of disability and these people will want to maintain their lifestyle
Tell us if your business caters in any way for this diverse market segment. We would love to hear from you.